Counselling and Psychotherapy – Montréal’s West Island
My name is Dolores Meade, M.ED, MFT and I am an individual, couple and family therapist working in the West Island area of Montreal.
You quite likely are here because you are considering seeking therapy. Choosing a therapist is an important decision and you need to make sure that you choose someone with whom you feel you could be comfortable. It is also important that the therapist you choose have experience and training in the type of difficulty you are having and that they practice in a way that suits your personality and goals. I invite you to explore this website to see if you think that I could help you.
There are almost as many reasons to consider therapy as there are people. If you are hurting or if you feel that your life is out of balance in some way, then talking things over with an empathic therapist who can help you see things from a new point of view could be invaluable.
- Therapy can help you become a good friend to yourself rather than one who criticizes you and puts you down.
- It can help you to be more relaxed and happier.
- It can help you find new meaning and direction in your life.
- Marriage counseling, couple therapy or family therapy can help you resolve conflicts, have a more satisfying couple and family life and to be more confident and successful parents.
- It can help children to behave better and to relax and get on with living and learning and enjoying life as they mature.
In all of my work, be it with individuals, couples or families, I strive to establish an atmosphere that allows people to focus on their most personal challenges openly and honestly. Compassion, warmth and sometimes humour are ingredients of this process. In the end, the most important outcome is that you leave therapy feeling better and able to make positive changes in your life. Please feel free to call me or email me if you have questions or if you would like to make an appointment.