Dolores Meade, M.ED, MFT
Montreal’s West Island
- Are you finding parenting a challenge?
- Do you and your spouse disagree about how to raise the children?
- Are you a single parent and finding it difficult to do it all alone?
- Is one or more of your children presenting difficult behaviour?
- Are you divorced or separated and finding co parenting with your previous spouse is not going smoothly?
- Are your children reacting to the divorce or to the loss of a parent?
- Are you trying to blend two families and finding that it is harder than you expected?
In family therapy I provide a forum in which everyone is offered the opportunity to express their thoughts and feelings respectfully and safely. My guiding principle is to enhance the connections between all family members and, at the same time, to encourage age appropriate responsibility and individuation. I strive to work with each family in a way that respects their own history, values and culture. In this regard, you and your family are my best teachers.
How Does Family Therapy Help?
- You can become clearer about boundaries between parents, children and extended families.
- You can clarify and either confirm or renegotiate roles and responsibilities in the family.
- You can learn what lies behind children’s difficult behaviours
- You can learn what lies behind your most intense reactions to family members and their behaviours.
- You can learn how to help your children both behave better and feel better.
- You can start to enjoy family life again.
My office is in Beaconsfield on Montreal’s West Island, accessible to Hudson and St. Lazare area. I welcome your call or email to discuss how my services can benefit you and to make an appointment.