Dolores Meade, M.ED, MFT
- Do you often feel that you are not good enough? Does anxiety or perfectionism make your life difficult? Are you much more forgiving of your friends than of yourself?
- Are you living with too much stress and anxiety?
- Are you feeling down and hopeless and wondering how you will ever feel better?
- Are you going through a difficult transition in your life (divorce, death in the family, retirement, illness etc)? Are you are feeling overwhelmed?
- Have you recently lost someone or something that is important to you?
- Do you feel that you are not where you had hoped to be at this stage of your life?
- Are you confused or concerned about your sexual orientation?
In individual therapy, I strive to provide a supportive environment where you are “listened to” and heard; one in which it is safe to explore openly and honestly, your most personal, feelings, needs and dilemmas.
We will talk about anything and everything that is important to you in order to clarify your emotions, your thoughts and your needs as well as your strengths and your vulnerabilities. My goal is to help you to make positive changes in your life so that you feel better and find more satisfaction and fulfillment.
How Does Individual Therapy Help?
- Therapy can help you learn to be as generous and kind to yourself as you are to the others around you- to be a true friend to yourself.
- Therapy can help you to understand your sad feelings and surmount them. It can help you develop ways to prevent your mood from dominating your life.
- Crisis is painful but it is also an opportunity for growth and positive changes. Therapy can offer you support during this period and help you take advantage of the transition to achieve a higher level of functioning and fulfillment.
- Therapy can help you to understand and come to terms with difficult experiences from your past.
- Therapy can help you to be more able to meet the challenges that come your way – a benefit that lasts long after our sessions end.
My office is in Beaconsfield on Montreal’s West Island, accessible to Hudson and St. Lazare area. I welcome your call or email to discuss how my services can benefit you and to make an appointment.